Thank you for choosing Optimal Health Chiropractic and Sports Injury!
We know many first time chiropractic patients have questions/concerns going in. We want to make the process as smooth as possible for you.
Here at Optimal Health Chiropractic and Sports Injury, we believe every patient has their own unique injury and case presentation.
- History: First, we will start by taking a thorough history. This will give us an understanding of your injury, how it came on, why did it happen, and any complicating factors.
- Exam: We will then proceed with a comprehensive neurological and orthopedic exam. This will help to determine and locate what the pain generating structures are; whether it is a nerve problem, joint problem, muscle problem, or a little bit of each. This will also help us customize your treatment plan for care.
- Evaluation: Next, we will follow up with a functional biomechanical evaluation to determine what might be your underling movement faults. This will give us a better understanding of what has caused your pain to come on in the first place. The functional exam will help classify the issue into different groups. Is this a postural problem, movement problem, stability problem, or mobility problem?
- Patient Education: Since most injuries are non-traumatic in nature, we believe that correcting and teaching proper posture, movement, and balancing out the body will help offload those painful structures. This will allow your body to not only heal itself, but help prevent further damage as well.
- Diagnostic Imaging: After our evaluation, if we feel further testing such as X-Ray or MRI is warranted, we will order them for you.
- Treatment: Lastly, we will talk abut treatment plans and how to move forward. Treatments often include; Active Release Technique, Graston, Chiropractic Adjustments, Corrective Rehabilitation Exercises, Flexion Distraction, Postural Education, and more.
Please do not be afraid to ask questions, the more you understand your pain, the quicker the healing process will be.
Feel free to contact us and check out our FAQs.
Insurance or Cash Patients
Auto/Work Comp Patients